Thursday 12 February 2015

Valentine's DIY

Here's the DIY I have prepared for Valentine's day. It's a little album for your loved one, and I'm going to explain how I've do it so you can make it yourself. I hope you like it! 


✎ What do you need

▷ Black and whichever coloured pen you like
▷ A poster board of a light colour
▷ Cardboard ( from a box )
▷ Metal binder rings ( if you don't know what it is you'll see it on the pics )
▷ Little pictures of you and your mate
▷ Adhesive tape or washi tape
▷ Scissors and glue
▷ A paper punch

☞ Steps


The first thing you have to do is get a little book or notebook of the size that you want for the album and draw its shape on the cardboard. 


Then you have to cut it and do it again to make the back cover of your little album. 

Now that you have the shape of the cover you have to draw and cut this shape on the poster board. I put 4  and secured them with a clip to go faster and not have to cut thousands of times the same shape. 



The next step is make the holes to your little album pages. Centre the paper punch and do the holes. I made some marks to get all of them on the same place more or less (cause my paper punch doesn't work well and I could make just 2 at a time). 

Now we have to perforate the cover. Centring our previously perforated poster board and make the holes with a pencil is the easiest way.




To make a bit cute the front cover I cut a cardboard rectangle and another one a bit smaller with poster board and wrote "our name" in the best way I could. Then I fixed them with glue and stuck it on the cover with superglue. 





Now comes the most personal part of the gift, you have to cut the pics and stick them to the album with some phrases. I put some nice qualities of my friend and a picture that represents each one. I put some funny pics and ones from a TV show that we love, I put some cute stickers too... Just be a bit creative!




Now it's all done, you just have to put the metallic binder rings and the album is done!




I hope you like it and it gives you some help for your Valentines gift. Have a happy weekend and Valentine's day, even if you have got a boyfriend/girlfriend or not, have fun!
Bye ♥

2 comments:

  1. This is such a lovely DIY idea! Will definitely have to give it a try! :) x

    ReplyDelete

Write whatever you want!